Patricia Mowry, M.Ed., LPC
Patricia Mowry, M.Ed., LPC is the owner and President of Turning Point – New Directions for Families, Inc. She holds a Bachelor's Degree in Education and Social Policy from Northwestern University, a Master's Degree in Education/Mental Health Counseling from the University of North Florida, and is a Licensed Professional Counselor in the State of Georgia.
Trish's interest in counseling and human services was sparked as an undergraduate student at Northwestern University in Chicago where her practical study in Education and Social Policy provided a foundation for her future work. Over the past 20 years in the mental health field, Trish has worked in various settings:
- Therapeutic foster care
- Private child and adolescent psychiatric hospital as a therapist and program director
- As a treatment team leader of a state-run adult forensic psychiatric unit
- With adolescents and adults in substance abuse programs
- As a drug court treatment provider
- As a outpatient therapist for clients dealing with chronic pain
- As a therapist providing assessments and in-home therapy to families involved with DFCS
Through these experiences, Trish’s clinical expertise has centered around issues of attachment, trauma, child abuse, substance abuse and family systems. She is particularly interested in resiliency and ways to foster resiliency in both individuals and families. Under her leadership, Turning Point’s programs have multiplied and the company’s service area has expanded throughout the Atlanta region, establishing a solid reputation as a provider of "clinical excellence."